Friday, July 22, 2011

WttJ Episode 004 - not going live today

Well, I was going to put up the next episode of Welcome to the journey, but apparently I've already hit my limit at the hosting site (a measly three episodes, under 100 Mb).

I'm at a loss for what to do next. Obviously podbean isn't going to work out for me. Hopefully I can find a free hosting site that allows for a little more storage, or figure something else out.

I'm not at a point where I can afford monthly fees for hosting and storage and so on (yes, even low fees add up). Honestly, unless there is a clear business reason for it, I am not a fan of subscriptions or recurring fees period.

I recently returned the recorder I bought to record the show, an Olympus ws710-m that turned out to not record evenly. That piece of kit was fairly pricey, if getting something that actually works is even more expensive I may jsut be out of the podcast market altogether.

However, recording at home on the computer is still a possibility, if I can get the hosting thing licked.

I'll keep you all informed, of course. But I may be podfading spectacularly early.

No comments: